Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Called by God

"I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me'" (Isaiah 6:8)

When people accept Christ as their Savior, they expect God to speak to them frequently, and tell them what to do. However they figure God will "force" them to go where they don't want to go, or put pressure on them.

In fact, God asks for his children to "follow Him", without pressure or threats. He speaks in the still, small, voice to make sure we are properly receptive to hear His voice.

We also joke about wanting God to send us "anywhere" to do His work, but then throw out a list of places we don't want to go. How can we question God about what is the right choice? He knows what's best for us in ways we simply can't fathom.


No comments:

Post a Comment