Friday, August 29, 2014

The Unsurprassed Intimacy of Tested Faith

"Jesus said to her, ' Did I not say t you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?'" - John 11:40

What I got from this reading.

1. We can't always live on the mountaintop. We have to have our faith tested, or we'll never know if we actually have faith or not. It's easy to proclaim Christ while down at Fall's Creek, but coming back to the "real world", can we still live for Christ? Too many people want to live in a continual "mountain top" experience.

2. Faith is absolute trust in God. For me it's WAY too easy to said "yes I trust God, but I'll have a plan B, just in case". There can be no "Plan B", and that's the hard part. For me I'm used to being self sufficient, and I don't like asking people (or God) for help. I'd rather do it on my own power and resources. Faith requires me to depend on God, and not my own resources. I think this is something men struggle with, as our culture has taught that "real" men are self-sufficient, and asking for help is a sign of weakness.


No comments:

Post a Comment