Saturday, November 30, 2013

Kubuntu vs OpenSUSE

I've got Kubuntu 13.10 running on my main desktop, Notebook, and netbook. I'm a big fan of KDE, so I stick to the distros that feature KDE.

Now in the past I've read that OpenSUSE is supposed to be the best KDE distro out there. For a while I had 12.1 installed on my desktop, but ran into problems that I just didn't have time to solve.

Now OpenSUSE 13.1 is out, and from what I read in the reviews, it's supposed to be even better than 12.x! I'm seriously thinking about switching my netbook over to 13.1 and learn the distro from that computer.

The only thing that is slowing me down is that the netbook has no DVD drive, so I'll have to install via USB flashdrive. OpenSUSE has a great step by step instruction to set it up, so soon I'll do it.

Instead of trying to install the full 4.7 GB DVD, I've downloaded the live KDE CD, which should make installation easier. Plus since it's the netbook, I won't need all the bells and whistles of the full blown installation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment